photo/image editing help (7)

1 Name: 4n0n4ym0u5 h4xx0r : 2006-05-01 17:10 ID:63E08tgO

If I have a fairly solid color fading into another solid color, how can I change the second color and have transition area fade to the new color?

2 Name: dmpk2k!hinhT6kz2E : 2006-05-02 00:29 ID:Heaven

Is this a single layer?

3 Name: 4n0n4ym0u5 h4xx0r : 2006-05-02 02:18 ID:63E08tgO

Yes, straight off the digicam.

4 Name: 4n0n4ym0u5 h4xx0r : 2006-05-02 17:21 ID:1Ehm1sDv

duplicate and desaturate the layer, play with the contrast until color A is white and color B is black, then copy the grayscale layer into the original layer's mask. you should now have color A fading into transparency (may have to invert the mask.) then place a layer filled with your desired color below

5 Name: 4n0n4ym0u5 h4xx0r : 2006-05-03 06:53 ID:63E08tgO

What exactly do you mean by mask? I'm new at this.

6 Name: 4n0n4ym0u5 h4xx0r : 2006-05-03 08:29 ID:1Ehm1sDv

7 Name: 1 : 2006-05-17 18:56 ID:63E08tgO

I did what I wanted to accomplish, and learned a lot about masks! Thanks for the help everyone!

This thread has been closed. You cannot post in this thread any longer.