Pop culture key to foreign relations, new report says (3)

1 Name: Random Anime Otaku : 2006-12-03 17:21 ID:Yh/YtzEa


so... to enhance diplomatic relations (read: make us love Japan) and "help related industries expand their business opportunities abroad" (read: make anime and manga more widely available to you & me), they want to "urge foreign leaders to take adequate measures against pirated products" (read: kill the fansub industry which is the only way to get about 90% of extant manga and anime outside Japan, not to mention the only way to get translations that don't make you sick for most of the other 10%)

2 Name: Random Anime Otaku : 2006-12-04 01:51 ID:Heaven


hk dvds are what they actually tend to be concerned about. the idea of the big companies going after fansubbers is blown up to much bigger than it actually is. aside from people going after fansubbers who do licensed stuff (and i really don't see why they shouldn't, sorry), i can only think of the media factory fiasco offhand. and that only REALLY happened because the akane maniax OVA was leaked and online worldwide before its street date).

3 Name: Random Anime Otaku : 2011-08-25 14:20 ID:Heaven

This thread has been closed. You cannot post in this thread any longer.